Canon IJ Network Tool Download
With the wireless era, devices have also started coming wirelessly. So, in order to operate them, there is a need for connectivity to the network. To do so, one should configure the Network settings of the Printer. For Canon printers, the Canon IJ Network tool download will help in controlling the network settings of your Printer. Though, not all the variants of the Canon Printer can be handled by Canon IJ Network Tool. There are only some of the variants of Canon Printer that support Canon IJ Network Tool, and those are, Pixma, Maxify MB, and Maxify iB series. Therefore, if you are having any printer of this series, then you can do the network configuration with the help of this tool. This tool is workable for both the operating systems i.e. for Windows and for Mac as well. So, on this page, you will learn about the steps for Canon IJ Network Tool Windows 10 and Canon IJ Network Tool Mac.
The connectivity of the printer, to the network, can be provided with the wireless connection, or with the help of the LAN cable as well. Keep one thing in mind that whenever you are working with the Canon IJ Network Tool or you are printing something with the help of this tool, then don’t run any other software like the Canon IJ Community Device, as it will inhibit the communication, and your printer and tool may not work in this case. Also, not all operating systems will support the Canon IJ Network Tool. Only some of the Mac versions and Windows versions are supporting this.
The list of some of the operating systems are as follows:
Mac operating systems
- macOS 10.13
- macOS v10.12
- macOS X v10.11
- macOS X v10.10
- macOS X v10.9
- mac OS X v10.8
- mac OS X v10.7
Windows operating systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
So, now you will see the steps for the download of the Canon IJ Network Tool. This will be the same for both operating systems. However, the installation or setup procedure is different for both operating systems.
Downloading Instructions for Canon IJ Network Tool
Therefore, in order to complete the Canon IJ Network tool download for the printer, you need to follow the following steps so that you can configure the network settings of your printer, and could do the printing jobs from anywhere, without giving them instructions in particular.
Step 1: Launch the desired web browser, and go to the official website of Canon i.e. https://my.canon/en/support/0200482510/6?model=0630C
Step 2: There will be an option with the Download button. By clicking over it, your download is started. Wait till the download is complete.
Step 3: Look for the software where it has been downloaded. Go to that location that you have mentioned in the settings for the downloaded file.
Step 4: Now, click over the downloaded file, and you should now mount it on the disk image.
Step 5: Now, double click over the mounted disk image.
Step 6: Double click over the file that is packaged in the folder.
Step 7: Now, after this, the installation of the tool will start automatically.
So, with the end of this step, the installation of the Canon IJ Network Tool is complete. Now, for the complete setup, you need to follow the different steps for the different operating systems. Hence, they are defined separately for both operating systems. First, we will look for Windows 10.
Steps for Canon IJ Network Tool Windows 10
So, once you will complete the installation for the Network tool, then you will start with the setup, so that you can easily work with the tool, in order to have benefits. For Windows 10, follow these instructions:
- The shortcut icon for the tool will be displayed over the desktop screen. Click over that. In case, there is no shortcut option on your desktop, you can go to the following location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Canon IJ Network Tool\CNMNPUT.EXE.
- If this location pathway also doesn’t work, then, in this case, you need to again start the download. If it is being shown that it is already downloaded, then there is a need to reinstall all the drivers again.
- Now, click over the Start button, or Windows Explorer, and then go to the All Programs option.
- After that, go to the Canon IJ Network Utilities, then the Canon IJ Network Tool, and then again to Canon IJ Network Tool.
- You can launch it in a Window and can do the desired functions that you want to do.
Steps for Canon IJ Network Tool Mac
If you are having the mac OS, then you need to follow these instructions in order to complete the setup after the installation.
- Follow the pathway Library>Printers>Canon>BJPrinter>Utilities folder.
- There, you will find the option of Canon IJ Network Tool. Click over that.
- If you are not able to find the Network tool, or you have installed the latest version, then this path given below need to be followed:
- Go Menu in Finder, then click over Applications, and then double click over the Canon Utilities folder. From there, go to the IJ Network Tool folder, and then finally select the Canon IJ Network Tool icon.
- Now, if it is still not found, then you need to reinstall the drivers again.
- Now, the window will open. In the search bar of that window, type the model name of your printer. Another box will open with the name, clock over the model name of your printer.
- Now, select the Go option.
- So, the next page will open, click over Drivers and Downloads.
- Now, click over Software>Next to list the Canon IJNetwork Tool.
- Then click over Download. After the download, open the folder and install Canon IJ Network Tool.
- The prompt will open with the on-screen instructions. Follow them to complete the setup.
With these steps, the setup procedure is complete for both the operating systems and now you can freely configure the network settings of your printer and can have the printing benefits from anywhere.